Jump to page content
English English   Polish Polish   Dutch Dutch   Russian Russian   German German   Hungarian Hungarian   Norwegian Norwegian   Swedish Swedish   Finnish Finnish   Romanian Romanian   Spanish Spanish   Portuguese Portuguese   Latvian Latvian  
Homepage
Home
Register
Login

Resources
Forum
Wiki
Servers

rssKWK3DRadio (kwk3dradio)

Category:script
Author(s):
Downloads:920
Rate:You need to be logged in to vote
Rating:3 (2 Votes)
Description:
I always loved the radio stations in the GTA games but thought it would have been even better if the sounds from cars radios were 3D so you could hear it as they drive by.

After looking at the new features in MTA I noticed its possible to have 3D radio, then pass the track data from one client, to the server, and back out to other clients to give some sense of sync.

So i began looking at the radio station audio files.

Big problem what a nightmare.

The radio files aren't exactly listenable as is, they are broken in to 3 sections with "usually" 3 intros, the main part of the song, then 3 outros and not necessarily in that order.

This is great for making the stations sound more random, but all the files needed to be listened to, sorted out, and ids matched up, so it could be scripted back together.

Finally.

Here after countless hours of listening, 4700+ lines of code, and many months of tweaking, I present to you.

... KWK 3D Radio :)

In my opinion the best resource i ever made.

This resource makes the sounds of the car radio 3D and synced, now other players hear the music in your vehicle and you hear theirs too.

It uses every audio file in GTASA, patches them back together into stations with the radio DJ talking over the songs, the funny advertisements, station ids, weather forecasts, and more.

There is 5 hidden stations you must manually tune to, where youll find stuff you haven't heard since you played the game in single player, for instance the background music from cut scenes, GTASA intro song, police radio, and much more.

There is the 11 original GTASA radio stations.

There is 13 stations from the web as well.

That makes 29 stations in total so far !!

Ill be adding more stations and changing any dead ones over time!!

I also have a few more features in mind, i may or may not get to over time as well, so stay "tuned" lol

Warning you obviously must have the original sound files, installed with the game, for this resource to work properly.

Controls:
Press < or > to switch stations.
Press ? for next/random track(GTA stations only).
Press M to change SFX modes.
Scroll Wheel or Press +/- for volume.

Commands:
Type /radio - for help.
Type /radio all - for all stations plus extras.
Type /radio gta - for only gta stations.
Type /radio stations - for stations with no extras.
Type /radio web - for only web stations.
Type /radio fav - to favorite the current station.
Type /radio unfav - to clear the favorite setting.
Type /radio display - to toggle display off and on.
Type /radio <url> - to use your own url.
Type /headphones - for client side portable radio.

See it in action on KWKSRV!!
https://youtu.be/fHoDh4sV598
https://youtu.be/RhyLuY7Zucw

(more)

Download latest version | Report

Version history

Version Publish Date Changes
3.0.2 2020-09-17 08:15:00 Fixed an error with /radio command not showing help.
Replaced dead comedy station with 1001 The Heat
Download
3.0.1 2020-09-14 00:00:32 fixed dead radio link. Download
3.0.0 2020-06-02 04:45:18 Changed 4 dead stations.
Changed code to make it easier to mod the stations.
Added home theater receiver and Walkman.
Bug fixes
Download
2.7.5 2018-10-19 11:27:37 changed dead station
removed aardvark blues
added velvet 96.8 FM
Download
2.7.4 2018-05-09 16:49:10 replaced the broken Death Metal station with Metal Detector.
changed the Infowwars link to a more reliable one.
Download
2.7.2 2018-03-08 06:58:45 fixed an issue with special characters in the help.xml Download