Jump to page content
English English   Polish Polish   Dutch Dutch   Russian Russian   German German   Hungarian Hungarian   Norwegian Norwegian   Swedish Swedish   Finnish Finnish   Romanian Romanian   Spanish Spanish   Portuguese Portuguese   Latvian Latvian  
Homepage
Home
Register
Login

Resources
Forum
Wiki
Servers

rssWaterFPS (Swim faster by lowering FPS in water) (waterfps)

Category:script
Author(s):uhm
Downloads:362
Rate:You need to be logged in to vote
Rating:5 (3 Votes)
Description:
HAS THIS EVER HAPPENED TO YOU?

You're in a helicopter over the sea. It crashes. Some jerk ran into you with a Rustler. You're in the water now. You check the map. At least a dozen nautical miles to Los Santos. You start swimming. You have to. An hour passes. You're barely a quarter of the way. You start thinking of your life and how it got that far. You bought a good PC. Why is the universe punishing you by making you swim so slow. You want to die in real life. Anything is better than swimming in GTA:SA.

HAS THIS EVER HAPPENED TO YOU?

Well, not anymore. This simple script checks whether you're in the water or not, and sets your FPS limit to 25* when you are in the water or to 60** when you're back on land. The check is performed every 500 milliseconds and the result is cached for performance.

* Configurable setting in Admin Control Panel. You need to restart waterfps in order to propagate the new setting to connected clients. Make sure all connected players are dry when restarting the resource. Otherwise, let them /reconnect to fix their FPS when they're back on land.

** The script uses the current FPS limit upon ResourceStart, so if your server FPS limit is 100, it will be set to that. Also if the FPS Limit is set to something lower by a client resource, then that will be used.

Basic usage:
Put the ZIP file in /resources. You do not have to unzip it. Just start the resource, that's it.

Upgrade notes:
Just replace the ZIP file.

SEARCH TAGS/KEYWORDS - PLEASE IGNORE
water fps swimming swim fps slow fps fast fml fps limit fps limits fps limiter fps frame frames per second fps agua el pescado come el burro fps schwimmen fps swimming fps swim fps water limit fps swim faster swim slow swimming slow slowly swimming slowly swim slow fps low fps bad fps crap fps slow water fast swimming fast swim fast water run faster jump higher a man walks up to me and hands me the latest energy drink i threw it on the ground swim faster swim slower

(more)

Download latest version | Report

Version history

Version Publish Date Changes
1.1.0 2016-08-30 11:34:41 Final version. Added back the option to control the water FPS from the Admin Control Panel. Removed the other configurable option (check delay) as there was no performance gain. Added license (MIT) and developer comments to all three files. Download
1.0.2 2016-08-29 17:01:20 Ok... embarrassing little detail: all previous files contained the wrong script. This one works but I left out the configuration option. Download
1.0.1 2016-08-28 17:22:10 Minor change in meta.xml Download
1.0.0 2016-08-28 11:30:07 First public release Download